Emergency vet services are a fundamental cornerstone of our commitment to comprehensive pet care. Your pet isn't going to take "normal business hours" into consideration. Accidents do happen, and when disaster strikes, that is when you need a trained veterinary staff ready and able to help. This is why Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital recommends:
For Emergency After Hours: Carolina Veterinary Specialists
4099 Campus Ridge Rd.
Matthews, NC 28104
For Urgent Care: Skyline Veterinary Specialists
2440 Plantation Center Drive,
Matthews, NC 28105
Emergency Animal Hospitals Are Prepared For Any Critical Situation, Such As:
- Traumatic injuries - fractures, bites, burns, lacerations
- Automobile accidents
- Respiratory emergencies, choking, breathing problems
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Shock or loss of consciousness
- Toxic reactions, poison ingestion
- Labor and pregnancy problems
- Blood in urine or feces
- Postoperative or post-anesthetic problems
- Pain management
- Inability or unwillingness to eat
- and more...
We know that having a pet with emergency medical needs can be stressful. In addition to providing all the care needed, some emergency care will also work with your budget. Some will accept all major credit cards and have payment plans available through services such as Carecredit or Scratchpay.
No Appointments Necessary For Emergency Vet Services
When every second count. The emergency animal hospitals provide immediate care for your pet without the need for an appointment or any advance notice whatsoever.
Quick tip – When possible, you are welcome to call the emergency hospital before you come or when you are on your way so that they can prepare for your arrival. However, we do not want to add to the time it takes to get your pet the emergency vet care services they need.
- Care and monitoring by veterinarians and technicians
- Nutritional support
- Advanced pain management
- Continuous rate infusion for IV fluids and meds
- Pulse-Oximetry, End-Tidal CO2, blood pressure and continuous ECG monitoring
- Oxygen therapy
- Digital radiography and ultrasound
- Emergency surgery
- Complete diagnostic lab for immediate test results